Welcome to the new improved FHA Action website. It is our passion at FHA Action to make the process of communicating with you an effective, well-oiled machine. As South Dakota’s 2016 legislative session draws closer, we wanted to roll out something that truly would make it easier for us to communicate to you. But a one-sided conversation isn’t a conversation. So we also wanted to make the process of you communicating with us easier as well. So here is what version 3.0 of FHAAction.org delivers. (By the way, we are still ramping this new site up, so for a few days yet, let’s call this version 3.0 beta).
- First and foremost, it was imperative that fhaaction.org be mobile friendly (or “responsive” as the geeks call it). As the mobile traffic on our site continues to increase, we wanted to make it ever so easy for the mobile user to get to and consume the information on our site. But, we wanted to retain the robust user experience you have come to expect from the our site on a desktop computer. So, we met and exceeded these goals. The new site looks smashing on a mobile device (see pictures upper right), but also works nicely on a full-size monitor.
- You will notice a much flatter, more crisp, business look. We think it does a great job of saying “FHA Action means business” when it comes to promoting and protecting the values you cherish.
- Going forward, all our news, blogs, article, and alert posts will allow our users to comment. Comments will be mildly mediated to assure a civil discourse.
- Just when you thought our advocacy tools couldn’t get any better, well guess what — they did. We have a new and improved Legislative Radar (which currently is only showing demo data since the legislative session hasn’t begun) and the same great Action Center tools for contacting your elected officials and letting them know what you are thinking.
- Version 3.0 delivers a site that is “searchable” from stem to stern. So if you are looking for a particular bill or person, the search bar will be waiting for you at the top of the right sidebar on any page beyond the home page.
- Also, on subsequent pages beyond the home page, you will find a list of “tags” and “categories” in the right sidebar. Consider those to be a quick search index of information on the site.
- Our new site employs new technology to make it easier for search engines to find us and the content on our site quickly and efficiently. This will make it much easier for folks who aren’t yet acquainted with FHA Action to find us as they are searching for a particular bill or political issue.
- For the power users, we now have a site that can easily be syndicated or subscribed to. Subscribers will get all our updates in the email in-box or in other “feed-readers” you may have installed. Use the little “RSS” feed icon located in the top right of every page or located at other locations around the site.
- Yes, there is a lot more yet to come, but this isn’t a bad start for our 2016 web presence! I so wanted to say something silly like “yes there does seem to be a disturbance in the force”, but I decided against it. One of the really cool tools we are playing with is a new iPhone and Android app that will allow the users to stay up to date on the important alerts as they happen. More on that in a future post I hope!